Dear loyal readers & travel addicts,
I have terrific news! The Travel Bias has been nominated for the Liebster Award 2017 Click To Tweet Yiiihaaa!!! It’s a great privilege to be awarded the Liebster, especially because its a reward coming from other travel bloggers. It awards and supports the daily work we all put into our blogs and the persistence every blogger has to have, especially at the beginning. But having a travel blog and connecting with the travel blogger community is already awarding in itself.
The Travel Bias is about my travel experiences that I collected around the world and the funny stories, anecdotes and memories I bring each time back with me. I hope that my blog will inspire people to travel more and discover the world as I do. So, I’m truly delighted about this support from the travel blogger community and hope that my journey of travelling and blogging will continue for a bit.
The Travel Bias was nominated by UTravelShare a blog created by two friends Davide & Stefano, who have the same passion: Travelling & sharing their adventures from all around the world. Give it up for them, have a look at their super cool blog and stay connected with them!
What is this Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award was started by German blogger and helps to discover new bloggers, supports and awards them for their achievements (Liebster means “favorite” in German). The Liebster Award helps to build a travel blogger network.
It works a bit as a chain letter and is passed on from blogger to blogger. When a blogger receives a Liebster Award nomination, it’s their turn to nominate some of their fellow bloggers, and so on.
The Liebster Award gives you the opportunity to introduce you to the blogger community. The most important and the most fun part about the Liebster Award is to answer 11 Questions, share some random 11 facts about you and in return ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominate.
11 questions I got asked
1) How would you define a perfect trip?
For me, a perfect trip is when you’re not under time pressure and have very little of your trip planned ahead. Travelling around a country one day at a time, discovering awesome landscapes and meeting even more awesome people from all over the world (like-minded travelers and locals) is just the best you can get out of a trip! You should get back home with your head full of extraordinary and lasting memories of wonderful places and people.
2) Why did you start your blog?
First off, travelling really is my passion. I love exploring cities or countries off the beaten tracks and discovering uncommon destinations through tips and advice I get from other travellers or locals. During my trips I realized that I always have funny things happening to me or that I get myself into uncanny situations. My friends always ask me about my travels and my stories. So, since I love writing and telling stories I thought: Why not combing both passions and starting a blog about Travel Tips and other Stories.
3) Which three locations are you willing to go next?
That’s a good question! There are still so many locations I’d like to visit… I definitely want to go to Nepal and trek to the Everest base camp at some point. I’d also like to return to Indonesia to see other islands than Java, Bali and Lombok and perhaps see Japan or South Korea. Oman is also definitely on my list. Nevertheless, I don’t know if those are going to be my next destinations that I’ll be visiting… Didn’t make my mind up yet.
4) What amazing food/dish have you met in your travels?
The best food I ever ate during my travels was in Vietnam. Especially, the street food in the old Quarter of Hanoi was exceptional! Other than that, The food in Buenos Aires is fantastic: Asado Argentino is a true delight, but also the Peruvian Nikkei restaurants in Palermo Hollywood are worth a visit. Oh, and I’m still drooling over those Turkey Ravioli I ate at Mister D in Napier, New Zealand!
5) Best country you have visited and why?
There is no best country I guess. I fell in love with a lot of destinations for very different reasons. If I had to choose a country where I’d love to move to, though, it would be Costa Rica. Rainforest, volcanoes, beaches, extremely nice and friendly people, “Puravida” (the good vibe): Costa Rica has it all. In 2009, the country even ranked first in the Happy Planet Index. The only thing I didn’t appreciate about Costa Rica were the mosquitos, but hey, that’s the lesser evil!
6) Apple, Samsung or Huawei?
Apple, it’s more user-friendly, the pictures are really nice with the iPhone 6S if you don’t have your big camera at hand, and it’s way more stylish! I know, I know, I’m being a bit superficial here, but you have to assume your choices!
7) How did travelling change you as a person?
I think travelling helped me a lot getting over my, sometimes paralyzing, shyness. Also, travelling and seeing other cultures is character building. I won’t say that travelling the world made me a better person, but it certainly helped me to get some of my priorities and human values right.
8) What is one thing you really like about the city you come from?
I’m coming from teeny tiny Luxembourg, Europe. Luxembourg city is really small. We always say: everyone knows each other, which is kind of right. But on the other hand, since there are a lot of foreigners working in the city it’s quite a multicultural environment. Those two aspects and the fact that Luxembourg city is home to a beautiful fortress are the things I like most about my hometown.
9) Do you collect anything from your trips?
I used to collect all my Lonely Planet guides until it was too cumbersome to repack them every time I moved. I do not collect specific things, but I guess I still have souvenirs from every destination I visited somewhere in my house.
10) What’s the longest you’ve travelled at one time?
I did 3 times a 1-month travel. The first one was 1 month backpacking in Vietnam Then I went on a month-long stay in Australia (Surfer’s Paradise, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sidney). And finally, I went on a one-month honeymoon (road trip through NZ North Island and chilling out in French Polynesia, what a blast). Anyhow, every time it was too short!
11) What is your definition of happiness?
Wow, that’s a difficult one! I guess, it’s sharing great moments with great people… wherever you are!
11 Random Facts about myself
1. I’m from a teeny tiny duchy called Luxembourg 2. I love to go on travel adventures all around the world, but I’m afraid to order a pizza by phone 3. I’m a very clumsy person, I’m sometimes a hazard to myself 4. On my first day in New Zealand I forgot my pouch with passports, cash and hotel reservations on a bench at the airport 5. The pouch was waiting for me at the lost and found section of the airport without missing anything (needless to mention what state I was in) 6. Every time I travel, it breaks my heart to leave my dog with the dog sitter 7. I speak 5 languages: French, German, English, Spanish and Luxembourgish, and yes Luxembourgish is a real language 8. Although, I love hiking up staggeringly high volcanoes, I’m afraid of heights 9. I have a cockroach phobia, since one time I walked around with a living cockroach in my shoe during 20 MINUTES!!! 10. I hate ice cream (it’s too cold!) 11. My husband is my favourite travel buddy and the perfect partner in crime to discover the world!
The Nominees for Liebster Award 2017 are:
Here’s the list of my nominees for the Liebster Award. I nominated those travel blogs because I think they are simply awesome!
Liebster Award 2017 Rules
Here are the Liebster Award rules for those who accepted the nomination:
1) Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
2) Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo.
3) Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you.
4) Give 11 random facts about you. 5) Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award. 6) Nominate between 5 and 11 new favourite bloggers for the Liebster Award.
7) Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees.
8) Notify the nominees.
9) Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post.
Dear nominees, here are your 11 questions!
1. How many countries have you visited so far? 2. Why did you start your blog and when? 3. How do you choose your travel destinations? 4. What was your weirdest trip? 5. Are you a beach or an adventure person? 6. Are you a long-term traveller or are you planning on long-term travelling? 7. What do you find most annoying about other tourists 8. What are your next travel destinations? 9. Do you prefer to travel solo or with a friend/partner and why? 10. How do you pack or prepare for all your travels? 11. If you could return to one of the destinations you’ve already traveled to, which one would it be?